Tuesday, May 17, 2011

That's how I know that God is REAL

Somewhere between the lush green plains of the netherlands and the opening my airplane window to see the sunset on the African desert, I had physical evidence that God is Real. Previously, time square at 4 am and the Great Wall of China had a tie for the most beautiful sites I had seen. However, floating above the landscape of Mount Kilimanjaro brought a tear to my eye. I have never been able to see a skyline as clear as this one. The best way to describe it was like a scene from the Lion King. No buildings, No traffic, Just God and I.
I feel as though this is the perfect time to explain the title of my blog. Dolce far Niente is Italian like my middle name. It means… “the sweetness of nothing”. I was reminded of the phrase from the movie Eat Pray Love the day before I left for Amsterdam. Luckily, after 22 hours of plane rides I have grasped my own visual image for “dolce far neinte” Time to enjoy my last dutch meal and land in Cape Town!
Mikmil


No comments:

Post a Comment