Saturday, May 16, 2009

This morning everyone met in the lobby to sign up for all of our adventures we plan to do while we’re here in Cape Town! I think it got everyone really excited about our upcoming weeks because the company we are working with offers a wide variety of activities. I signed up for skydiving, sand boarding, and a 3-day Garden tour that is supposed to be absolutely incredible! The weather today is pretty rainy but it seems to be somewhat clearing up so I don’t think it’s going to hold any of us back from exploring the town! Today we are planning to head to Century City which is a huge tourist spot for South Africa. It has one of the largest malls in Africa. Canal Walk, the area of the mall, also has countless restaurants, shops, cinemas, and even a bird conservation area. Supposedly the restaurants are very good so I think we are planning to stay there for dinner. As of the moment, I am sitting in our wonderful apartment looking out onto the beach. Our condos are literally right on the shore so we have the most beautiful view of the coast. This entire area truly is the most beautiful place I have ever seen! Even with the somewhat cloudy weather today I can still see all of the huge mountains surrounding us, especially Table Mountain which I plan to hike one day soon!
-Alix Rhett

No comments:

Post a Comment