Saturday, June 5, 2010

"Impossible Without Family" by Michael Phelps


Thankful for Family

While being away from my family and doing many things that people do not have the chance of experiencing I have learned to be grateful for everything I am able to do. I have come to realize that i am a very lucky person because I take trips like these for granted but in reality it is something I should be grateful for. On this trip I have gone skydiving, bungee jumping, zip lining, and safari tours but I have not taken in time to realize how lucky I am to be able to experience these things in such a short time of my life.


As a twenty one year old college student I am very thankful that my parents allow me to come to South Africa and experience parts of the world they have never even been. I hope to continue exploring other parts of the world but as young as I am I have been many places that my seniors have never even seen.


Through all of the experiences of this trip my favorite part is the safari and being able to see wild animals up close and personal. The safari was one of the most intriguing events that I have ever experienced. The safari made me feel like I on the discovery channel in real life. I hope to travel back and experience more safaris in my future but I am very content and happy with all I have been able to do on this trip. I know that I would never be able to experience any of this if it were not for my parents allowing me to study abroad. In the end I have learned many things and seen much in my short time on this earth. I owe everything I have done to my parents and thank them for the opportunity to be in Cape Town.


No comments:

Post a Comment