Thursday, June 3, 2010

"Thank You Parents!" by Sara Mount

I thought being one of the last people to write my blog was going to be so much easier because I would have experienced everything. I was definitely wrong. So much has happened and I can’t even think of where to begin so I’m just going to bullet about what my most memorable experiences have been so far:


Bungee jumping. Who gets to say they have jumped off the highest bridge in the world while studying abroad?


Robben Island Tour with Ahmad Kathrada, Nelson Mandela’s prison mate for 20 years. I was lucky enough to record his entire speech so I can take it home to share with my family!


Skydiving. ‘Nuff said.


Spending time with the families in the townships has been humbling and inspiring for me. Before I didn’t realize how much of an impact service learning has on someone’s heart, but I encourage any person of any age to go and experience it just once, but disclaimer: it’s kind of addicting.


Listening to every guest speaker we have been fortunate to spend time with while we’re here. I’ve learned more about myself and what I am capable of as a human being in the past month, than I’ve dreamed about my entire life. This world has no limit and I want to just take every dream and opportunity I have been given and give it back in a bigger and better way than before.


These are just a few of the things from a huge list that we’ve been able to experience in Cape Town, and I wouldn’t hesitate to come back here in (their) summer. It has so much rich history, scenery, and culture that you can’t help but be sucked into. So to my Mom and Dad, and every other parent out there on behalf of your children: Thanks. It was money well spent. ;) I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment