Thursday, June 3, 2010

"Live with Passion" by Kathleen Block

My Top 10 Favorite Things We Have Done in Cape Town

  • Our farewell dance party was by far our most exciting time in Sir Lowry’s Pass! We watched tons of songs and dances from both American students and African kids. Although it was so sad to leave the people we have come to know so well, the dance party was a great send of!
  • Riding elephants on adventure week was one of the coolest things I have ever done.
  • Eating my birthday dinner at Buena Vista—some of the best nachos I have ever had!
  • Our trip to Robben Island, including a tour by Ahmed Kathrada, Nelson Mandela’s cellmate.
  • I definitely underestimated climbing Table Mountain. It was no stroll in the park, but the view from the top was absolutely breath taking.
  • The Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens were beautiful and a great place to walk around on a nice day or to eat lunch
  • Charly’s Bakery was such a treat for my birthday. The hot pink cup cake was to die for!
  • The Neighbourgoods market at the Old Biscuit Mill open on Saturdays had the best fresh food I have ever seen. I am a huge junk food eater and this place actually made me want to eat healthy.
  • Cape Point was such a cool experience. Especially seeing a baboon crawl into a cracked car window into the lap of a napping man.
  • Mama Africa was a great atmosphere with great music. It was the perfect place to get an ostrich steak.



No comments:

Post a Comment