Saturday, June 5, 2010

"Time Races By" by Doug Schwartz


As our month in Cape Town comes to a close, I feel as if it was merely a week that we have been here. This past month has raced by faster than I think anyone expected. In fact, I think the only people that wouldn’t agree with me are all of our parents who have probably been sitting, watching an hour glass over and over again awaiting our arrival back at home. As we return to Georgia, Alabama, Louisiana, New York or wherever, I know we all will return back to the states changed forever. Some of the things we have done here, whether it be serving the people in Sir Lowry’s Pass or hiking the steep paths of Table Mountain, have made me grow as a person as well as a leader. I think I can speak for everyone when I say that this trip has been one of the most significant months in my life and I can honestly say that I have learned more during this month in Cape Town than an entire semester of school.

No comments:

Post a Comment