Saturday, June 5, 2010

"Until Next Time" by Sophie Oreck


Dearest Diary,


I am writing you within the depths of my newest home, Lagoon (pronounced Laguna) Beach Apartments. I am so sorry I haven’t written in a while, but I know you understand, you always do…Anyways, South Africa is so super cool, sorry you have to stay in the apartment room all day, but I don’t want to look like a weirdo carrying you around everywhere (I think your pink encrusted rhinestone cover would be misunderstood).


I made some new friends here! One of the first friends I made was this dude that we affectionately call Father Duck, because he is our community leader. He leads his premier community group in deep and interesting discussions. Katy and I were happy to flock beneath his beautiful wing. Another friend I made is an elephant named Jabu and a little baby elephant named Bailey…she looks more human than elephant but she claims to be one and I trust her. After all she had some weird supernatural connection to them at the elephant sanctuary. She didn’t have nearly as cool of an effect on those elephants as Joy had, boy did she put on a show.


Oh my goodness diary! I almost forgot to tell you! I have a new dream…traveling the country with a man named Johnny Clegg and performing the song Dela with him nightly. Oh you should here me sing (I dance along too)…this cool dude named JC, no no not that JC, I am talking about JC the bus driver. He taught it too me. Basically I have made some cool new friends here. I also am going to return home with the affection of a taxi cab driver named ISH, but he is oh so much more than a driver.


I hope my mommy doesn’t get too mad that I have been jumping out of planes, having ostriches peck at my head, riding elephants, and jumping off bridges(twice). Oh yeah, and riding 4 wheelers down a dangerously narrow and bumpy path (I don’t have a good history with them, apparently neither does becky boo) …Oh diary, I am so sorry but I have to run…my new BFF Jackie is calling me, I think she wants to spend some quality time with me


I will write again soon dear old diary…until next time

Love, Sophie


No comments:

Post a Comment